Thursday 4 April 2013

Helicopter shift

Had a great day on my helicopter observer shift! Unfortunately we didn't get to fly out today for a call. There were 2 possible flights, once the pilot agreed, they then have to get authorization from the government medical officers and hospitals and for some reason we had to stand down twice. This was so shitty, it was like taking candy away from a kid! I was so excited and then boom let down. All in all, it was a great experience. Hung out with the pilot, doctor and paramedic all day. They were really nice, we watched lots of tv, walked around the hanger, had lunch together and had a flight lesson from the pilot. He explained to me that all the buttons are usually back up systems just in case things fail, lots of back up...good to know! Would have been that much better though if we went out for a call. Oh well, if I had more time here I would have gone back for more. Just got home and getting ready to go for steak with the group from the hospital I am at. Looking forward to a nice steak dinner that Li suggested. Specializes in steak - can choose the age, cut, etc... Yummy!!


That's all for now folks...here are some pics of my day :)

Phil


Where the patient gets loaded into the chopper - notice not a lot of room for the patient! 





Where the patient is placed


I always wanted to fly! 


No comments:

Post a Comment